Stop Sharia in Canada! Now!
Tue, August 01, 2017 | Author: Rod Taylor | Volume 24 Issue 31
Canadian culture and law is under attack! Your freedoms are under attack! M-103—and the aggressive actions of our current federal government to impose Sharia and Sharia-compliant regulations and practices on an unsuspecting population—must be stopped! Like the repressive restrictions on free speech demanded by the LGBT crowd, Sharia—once implemented—will contain within itself the toxic elements of its own self-preservation. By making criticism of Islam illegal, Sharia makes itself the final arbiter of truth.
Most of our readers know the story of M-103, MP Iqra Khalid’s motion, which gave the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage the job of building a mechanism to protect Islam against criticism. That committee meets again September 18, 2017. It has already determined that they will not hear from many witnesses—only a few and most of them will be chosen by the Liberal members of the committee. They have already determined to recommend to Parliament a law protecting Islam from public scrutiny. That’s Sharia at work!
Further, why bother to have a committee if the outcome has already been decided? Why not save taxpayers the expense and just impose the outcome in the dictatorial fashion this current government has employed on matters such as Electoral Reform?
We cannot and we must not remain silent. We must join forces with our fellow Canadians to resist the imposition of Sharia law. Sharia law allows honour-killing, female genital mutilation (FMG) and the killing of non-Muslims and non-compliant Muslims who dare to stand for freedom. It would make Christian values and beliefs—the foundation of Canada’s culture and heritage—subservient to, and dominated by, an official government endorsement of Islam.
A relatively new organization, Canadian Citizens for Charter Rights and Freedoms (C3RF) has risen up to confront and challenge the secretive, aggressive, and undemocratic plans and actions of the current government and the committee it has appointed to do its dirty work. C3RF is well-organized, well-informed, and the group has already taken steps to educate the public and bring public pressure on the Heritage Committee to hear from knowledgeable citizens about the real threats posed by Sharia and radical Islam.
- Educate yourself. Visit the C3RF website.
- Join C3RF and urge your family and friends to do the same.
- Write your MP and the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage, telling them why you oppose the agenda to make Islam and Sharia immune from public scrutiny and criticism. Explain that while you support religious freedom for ALL Canadians, you oppose special protection for only one religion, Islam. To be effective, your letter must be received no later than September 18, 2017. You can see how your MP voted on M-103 and see a sample letter here.
- Have a look at the brochure prepared by C3RF and consider printing some to use in your community.
- Read former CHP Leader Ron Gray’s excellent written submission to the Heritage Committee.
- If you live in Ontario, plan to attend the event being planned for Hamilton on September 16 (9:30 to 11:30 am). CHP Ontario Council President, Jim Enos, will be informing us soon of the venue and other details. Stay tuned.
- Consider subscribing to e-letters from other groups such as: Gatestone Institute and ACT for Canada.
Thank you for helping CHP preserve and protect the values and freedoms which spring from a biblical world view and which protect freedom of speech and freedom of religion for ALL Canadians!
You can go one step further. Join CHP Canada and give your political support to a party that supports your values. Join today!
Other Commentary by Rod Taylor:
- On the Brink of War, an Open Door…
- Stop Sharia in Canada! Now!
- Hard Hearts and Soft Heads
- Child Soldiers in the Culture Wars
- Canada Day—Let’s Celebrate and Defend our Christian Heritage!
- The Judgments She Wrote
- Political Climate Change
- Uniform Diversity
- Tokin’ Democracy
- Moving the Goal Posts
- Common Sense and Compromise
- Countdown in Cowtown