Queen Elizabeth II: We Honour Her and Her Place in History
Today, Thursday, September 8, 2022, our lovely and gracious Queen has passed from her earthly existence. Her work is done. She now enters another realm.
We, her subject-citizens, have benefited from having had Queen Elizabeth II as our titular Head of State for 70 years. During her reign as Queen, she demonstrated a polite grace and a commitment to the established protocols of a civil and compassionate society; her pragmatic integrity and patient performance of duty has earned respect around the globe, seemingly untrammelled by the pressures of partisan politics at home or abroad. Her Christmas messages, full of faith and clearly articulating our hope in Christ, have been a blessing to generations and will be missed in coming years.
Canada remains a constitutional monarchy. We mourn the passing of one of the wisest, gentlest and most dearly loved monarchs of all time. Our hearts are moved and our flags are lowered in true respect, as we say farewell to our dear Queen Elizabeth.
Share to Gab
Other Commentary by Rod Taylor:
- Le financement étranger de 11 candidats fédéraux soulève des doutes quant à l’intégrité des élections au Canada
- Foreign Funding of 11 Federal Candidates Raises Doubts About Election Integrity in Canada
- Élections américaines de mi-mandat : marges étroites et espoirs déçus
- US Midterm Elections: Narrow Margins and Dashed Hopes
- Échec enrichissant
- Rewarding Failure
- Saisies d’armes à feu malavisées Pas de chemin vers la sécurité
- Misguided Gun Seizures No Path to Safety
- Détester ce que Dieu déteste
- Hating What God Hates
- La vérité sur la réconciliation
- The Truth About Reconciliation