CHP Wishes You a Happy Canada Day!
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!
Like most Canadians, we are happy to live in this country and this weekend we’ll join in celebration with friends and neighbours as we thank God for the privilege of living in a free country.
What is a free country? It’s a place where one can speak freely, move about freely, raise a family without fear of want, fear of violence or fear of government intrusion into our lives. It’s a place where one can worship according to one’s beliefs without fear of religious intimidation.
When we look at our flag or sing our national anthem, we should be grateful for the freedoms we have but we should be mindful that our freedoms and all the blessings of prosperity and justice are the result of Gods provision and protection.
Without His grace and favour, we would have nothing. When our fellow citizens and the politicians who represent them reject God’s direction and despise His instruction, they act as if the blessings we enjoy are the result of our own efforts and can never be lost. We must remind folks that our blessings come from the gracious hand of God and can be lost if we reject Him.
As we celebrate Canada Day, let us commit ourselves to walking in His ways, speaking to our neighbours about His plans for our lives and His invitation to live as sons and daughters according to His principles. We can only have a Happy Canada Day if we seek and enjoy His blessings and favour...as individuals, as families, as communities and as a nation.
We at the national office of the Christian Heritage Party wish every one of you a happy and blessed Canada Day!
Other Commentary by Rod Taylor:
- Which News? The Sources You Trust Define Your Reality
- The Peoples’ Liberation Army Comes to Canada!
- C-7 Is an Attack on God
- Extraordinary Times, Extraordinary Measures
- Courts, Commons, and the Culture of Death
- Suppose There Were Only 10%?
- Conversion Therapy Ban Is Back on the Agenda
- No Free Lunch: Trudeau Buying Votes With Your Grandchildren’s Money
- COVID, Chaos and Coercion
- Erin O’Toole Supports Abortion-on-Demand and the LGBTQ Agenda
- Needles in the Playground
- No Agreements Are Safe From Judicial Activism