Celebrating 25 years in 2012!
Yes, thatʼs correct! As announced previously, the National Board has approved the writing and producing of a commemorative book on the history of the CHP covering these twenty-five years.
The tentative outline for the book* (between 150-175 pages) includes the following topics:
- Laying the foundations – origins of the party
- Pioneers – profiles of some of the pioneers of the party
- First National Campaign
- Leadership Profiles
- Convention Highlights
- The candidates – as many as we can get information on
- The policies – what the party stands for
- Reflections by past leaders
- Vision for the Future – current leadership
- By the Numbers – statistics on the party
* (Weʼre also looking at doing a companion CD but that will depend somewhat on materials we get and resources available)
Currently the idea is to have this ready by this fall. The cost of the book will be $25.00. If youʼd like to order an advance copy, please contact me at the email address below.
We need your help with the book project.
Weʼd like to solicit your stories, pictures, newspaper clippings, video clips, whatever memorabilia you might have from meetings, election campaigns and conferences or conventions. Iʼm sure many of you have these hidden here or there. Nowʼs the time to put them to use for the party.
Please check the address below for sending any materials or send them via e-mail.
You can send physical items to the following address:
H. J. Ludwig – CHP 25 Project
14-2865 273 Street,
Aldergrove, BC V4W 0A7
Email items to: firstname.lastname@example.org